Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Brand New Challenge

Oweing to the fact that I know that I can to nothing in this life without a goal I decided on July 14 that I needed to do something big. Because honestly, what have I been doing with my life lately? I work and I travel, and it is a charmed life I admit, I love going out and seeing places and visiting friends and family. But there isn't enough struggle, If I don't really want to do something, generally I don't do it. So, on the fateful day in July I decided that I needed to train for a marathon. And no, I'm not training for the Twilight Zone marathon, which to this date is the only marathon I have exprience with. I will say that it is a great marathon though. Anyway, I've decided that I will be running the Catalina Marathon on Saturday March 14th. Let me tell you, I sure know how to pick them. This thing is going to be a monster. The vast majority of the race is uphill. Let me show you on this chart here.







Am I crazy? Absolutely, isn't anyone that runs a marathon crazy? But I do look forward to this great challenge. I'm almost one month into my training. I've got another two months of mileage buildup training before I start my actual marathon training, but you gotta start somewhere. So far, it's been kicking my butt, as expected. But, as I said, I need to do something that I don't necessarily like. So, periodically I'll be updating on the blog my marathon training status.

No comments:


Things to know

My photo
Meadville, PA, United States
Don't you just love commercials?