Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My trip to Hawaii

Hawaii





I spent last week in Hawaii, the weather wasn't the greatest but we made the most out of a rainy week in Hawaii. These are some videos and pictures of the fun. All my pictures are on facebook if you want to see more.



This was our tent, it may be the best investment I've ever made. It is awesome and kept us dry, except when we were putting it up in the rain.



Drinking this stuff was like drinking pure sugar water, which is exactly what it was.

This is the view from above Waimea, simply gorgeous, even on a cloudy day.

This next picture shows in detail a little canal that some kids were trying to build to empty out the lake you can see on the left in the picture above into the ocean. I thought it was cool but would never work.


Well, when we went to the beach the day after we were on top of the mountain, this is what we saw.


It was crazy how much water was flowing. Thes next videos will give you an idea how crazy it really was.


This is a view from the lake.


There were boogie boards, skim boards and surf boards everywhere.




This kid was the best.


This is a kid showing off for the Ladies.


We went on a Hike and I felt like this was a good bench to sit on and pretend I was waiting for a bus.


This is a big tree I had to climb.
Photobucket


On another hike I got to walk through a tunnel of trees.
Photobucket


And this is a waterfall and my feet.
Photobucket


By some crazy coincidence Bear and I were in Hawaii the same time. Bear stayed at Turtle Bay and we had an amazing breakfast together.
Photobucket


This may be my favorite part of the trip. This dog just came over to us on the beach and chilled with us. He seemed really cool. I named him Surf Dog. I'd like to think that he was like a dog from the movies and was winning over the hearts of children and adults everywhere, all while getting into crazy adventures.
Photobucket



If you go to the Dole Plantation you have to feed the fish.


This is me jumping off a waterfall. Hooray!



And this is for Gary and the rest of you lovers of waves.

































2 comments:

Jon said...

Cool pics Ham.

Mallory said...

Whoa! Bear? Really? That's my favorite picture out of all. Hawaii would be nice to visit...


Things to know

My photo
Meadville, PA, United States
Don't you just love commercials?